I WILL get caught up on my blog, I promise. I now have the girls napping at the same time, so I feel like I can do something for myself an hour or two a day. Although most of that is usually taken up by cleaning and cooking, but I'm not complaining because I can do laundry at that time and not have someone standing next to me unfolding everything I just folded. Hahaha. Sometimes I question my reasoning when I try to get stuff done with them awake. However on that note Lila has become such a good little helper. (I will just leave this post about Lila seems how it's supposed to be about her second birthday.) She is always asking what she can do to help and if she can "watch" me cook. That usually involves her sitting on the counter and helping me stir or measure something. She also loves to clean the lint tray in the dryer and put her clothes back in her drawer. Granny also has her helping set the table for dinner. She is such a little joy to have around. As much fun as Lila is she is also in full fledged "Threenager" mode. hahaha. She for sure has a defiant streak and some days I think my head might explode from constant negotiations. Overall my beautiful girl is my little buddy. She also has a great sense of humor and is always giggling at something or making me laugh with her craziness. She loves to cuddle and makes me lay down in the big bed with her everyday for naps. She loves to learn and is always asking questions about how things work. She spends so much time working on puzzles, reading books, and working in her preschool workbook. She still loves being outside. Everything from catching and playing with bugs and small animals, playing in the dirt, riding her tricycle, playing in her playhouse and climbing trees. She has such a fun spirit of adventure and an excitement for life. She loves going on all of our family adventures too like camping and hiking. She's such a easy going, good little traveler.
With all that said about my sweet little Lila 16 months ago we had her second birthday party. It was a combined party with her cousin and friend Janie. Their birthdays are only 5 days apart so what a better way to celebrate than altogether. All the Texas Emmons', Kreiger's, Boring's and Scott's were there plus a few of the girls friends and their parents. We had a blast. There were lots of presents for the girls, yummy food and an adorable Elmo cake that Allyson made. We had the party at Grandma Cheryl's pool, which is perfect for the kids because of the shallow, beach style with fun water features. The girls had a blast eating, playing, swimming and opening presents. Lila is very much in love with bugs and small animals like frogs and lizards. So her present from The Boring's was a bug box (a place to keep her bugs she catches) filled with bugs caught by The Boring kids and a book about insects. She LOVED this! First thing she did was take the lid off and man handle the bugs. Unfortunately, Cicada have sharp, needle like stickers on their legs. She got poked and decided Cicada's are not her favorite. She also got a nice outfit, a Tigger doll with books that reads along with her (another favorite activity for Lila is reading), some pool toys, books, raincoat, art supplies, and stuff for her baby doll. We had a wonderful day with family and friends. This day was a little bitter sweet for me because we had so much fun with everyone I kept thinking about how I was going to miss all this soooooo much.
 |
| Opening our present from Granny the morning of her 2nd bday |
 |
| ready to party |
 |
| blowing out the candles. Janie was having too much fun to stop and blow out the candles |
 |
| checking out our bugs |
 |
| kisses |
 |
| birthday girls |
 |
| grandma and the birthday girl |
 |
| collecting bugs |
 |
| pool time |
 |
| my beautiful girl |
 |
| Uncle Bill holding little Alice |
 |
| Baby sister partying at just 5 weeks old |
No comments:
Post a Comment