Friday, December 26, 2014

Merry Christmas!!!

Okay, so I know I have a lot to write about between my last post and this one, but I figure I should write now on Christmas night while it's quiet and I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy.

So this has been the hardest Christmas I've ever had.  Lots of emotions, especially a mix of happy and sad.  In 29 Christmas' I've only spent one away from my family and it was 5 years ago.  I was a mess then knowing my family was 1300 miles away, but also hopeful because I knew that we would be joining them in a few short months.  We were also with part of Spencer's family and we didn't have any babies, so things were very different.  This year we were all alone just the four of us.  We were also right in the middle of a difficult move.  Some how all that stuff, though it made Christmas hard, just didn't matter.  I sat feeding my sweet little Alice then letting her cuddle on my chest before putting her in bed tonight reflecting on what a wonderful Christmas we had after all.  I will admit I was skeptical that it would be great.  I was emotional and lonely leading up to today, but ended up having a wonderful Christmas.  I got to spend Christmas Eve baking cookies for Santa with my happy and fun loving Lila who had a blast "painting" cookies for Santa.  I had fun letting her open her jammies from Auntie Cindy, putting out cookies, milk and carrots then reading "Elf on the Shelf" one last time before tucking her into bed.  Then once the girls were asleep I spent the next 2 hours wrapping presents.  Lila and Alice were so excited when they got up.  Lila ripped through all the presents, including Alice's.  They had so much fun playing with their new toys all day.  I got to cook my first Christmas dinner and I have to say it was pretty stinking good.  I spent the majority of the day doing that while watching Lila and Alice spend some quality time with their dad.  Watching Spencer play Play-doh cake factory, princess castle and "red light, green light" with his girls made my heart melt.  He even managed to get some things put away around our new apartment, not an easy task, I know.  We were then able to video chat with my family.  I miss them so much that it aches sometimes.  Christmas has only amplified that.  There were times today that I would watch Lila play so good by herself and think that she should be playing with her cousins.  Hopefully we will be able to go see them soon.

With all that said everything in my life, as hard as it has been, has helped me focus on the people that I truly love with all my heart in this world.  I am so grateful for an amazing husband who is such a kind, loving person.  He is strong for me when I am weak.  He is such a good support.  He is a wonderful father.  Lila even requests his bedtime stories over mine on occasion.  He is also my best friend.  I am so grateful for my two healthy baby girls.  I have felt so bad for them for the last couple of weeks.  I have not been able to give them the attention that I normally give to my sweet girls and it kills me.  I know it affects them some days because they get whiny and into stuff they don't normally care about.  I just have to remind myself to be patient, it has been hard for all of us.  I love these two with every fiber of my being.  The days can be long, but my love is strong and the time goes by so fast in hindsight.  I am so grateful for parents that love me and my family unconditionally.  As usual my mom and dad spoiled the girls rotten for Christmas.  You are both amazing parents, I love you!  I am grateful for my two sweet, funny and incredible sisters.  There is no one in the world like you two and I am so happy that we are as close as we are.  I wish we talked more, but I know life keeps all three of us busy.  I cherish every moment when we do talk.  You are both my best friends. I love you two like no one else, it is special and hard to describe.  I am so happy to have two girls.  I hope that they can have the special relationship that we share. I am grateful for my brother and nieces and nephew.  Maia, you married a wonderful man and made beautiful babies with him.  I love you kids like my own, truly.  Spencer and I are sorry there were no presents sent to you this year :(  We both felt bad, but know you understand.  We love you always and are very proud of you.  Brent you are like my brother, but I guess when you've known someone since you were 8 years old it's hard not to see them that way.  I love you!  Thank you for always being so sweet and fun with my Lila.  I know she loves you.  I am also grateful for my friends that I don't see very often.  I have a handleful of you and even though we don't talk much now that we are so far away I love you guys and cherish our friendship.  Who knows maybe one of these days I will be able to live close to you again.  With the way Spencer and I change the course of our lives anything could  happen (eye roll) hahaha.

Heavenly Father has a funny way of putting us through VERY trying times to help us focus on what really matters in this world and getting us on the path we are supposed to be on.  All I can think is mission accomplish (please no more trails, please).  I truly believe that everything happens for a reason.  The longer I live the more I believe that.  With that said, Spencer is now focusing on going to PA (Physician Assistant) school.  It is a two year Master's program.  It is very competitive to get into just like medical school, but I really think Spencer will be a great applicant and won't have too many problems getting in.  He will take micro-biology this spring and the GRE then apply for school. We will know no later than spring 2016 where he will go to school and by fall 2016 he will start school.  I am so beyond happy with this decision.  2 years as opposed to 7 years is awesome!  Plus it's cheaper and feasible to live on a VERY tight budget for 2 years.  I am excited for the process to start and to find out where we will be living while he goes to school.

Merry Christmas!!!! I had a hard, but wonderful Christmas!  Enjoy the pictures.

Santa came to our house









Helping Alice open her present


The after math

This one's for you Texas peeps

Ready for bed with our new bedding. Thanks Grandma and Poppy!

Lila "helping" Alice get to sleep








No comments:

Post a Comment