Friday, January 31, 2014

Baby Scott #2

I've been putting this post off for quite some time.  Always thinking well after this, or after that.  So I'm finally doing it and am excited to.  On September 3rd our little Scott family found out we are having baby #2.  I had been putting off taking a pregnancy test in the beginning because I was so nervous to have another newborn especially this time with a VERY active toddler.  I finally took the test that morning and sent Spencer a "are you ready" text because he was already at work.  I eventually took a second test just to double check that the first one was telling the truth ;) hahaha.  We waited to tell pretty much every one until after our first doctor appointment that was on September 30th. Although funny story is that SO many people guessed or had a pretty good idea that something was going on with me before we even spilled the beans.  I guess that wasn't too difficult when I was green around the gills oh ALL day and night. YUCK!  Mom of course guessed around 8 weeks, although I'm sure she knew before then by the way I had been acting, that was just the first time she vocalized it.  I got sick at exactly 6 weeks and stayed very green until 14 weeks.  I got so lucky with Lila, which I think made this even worse because I was not expecting it.  When I was 7 and 8 weeks is when we had our road trip to Nashville.  Let me just tell you that being in the car for a minimum of 14 hours (one way) was not the ideal way to have morning sickness and fatigue.  Why by the way do they insist on calling it morning sickness?  I changed the term for this pregnancy to all day sickness.  I would even wake up in the middle of the night from a dead sleep nauseous.  Boo, no fun!  Anyway I was very glad when that all ended and just in time for all the holidays with yummy food.  I definitely made up for any lack of eating in the beginning during the holidays.
8 weeks


At 16 weeks, just before Thanksgiving on the 21st I went to a sonography school to see if we could see the gender.  The weren't positive, but said they thought it was a boy!!!!!  Spencer is so excited to have a boy.  So am I of course.  All I want is a happy, healthy little baby.  With that said I was secretly hoping for another little girl.  Not only do I know what to do with girls seeing as how there are SO many in my family; I was also hoping for Lila to have a sister and playmate close in age.  I know boy or girl we will be so happy. 



It's a boy!!!????

One of my main pregnancy woes is that I worry A LOT about this little baby.  Luckily I felt him kick right about 17 weeks and he hasn't stopped since.  That gives me so much piece of mind.  Before I knew if I could get into that sonography school we bought a doppler on Amazon to hear the heartbeat at home.  I was having a freak out moment one night at home so my sweet Spencer bought it for me to ease my mind.  We didn't have insurance :( after my last appointment on the 30th of September until January 1 because of his awesome new job.  Sooooooo I worried even more not having heard the heartbeat yet.  On our doppler everything sounded great and at the sonography school every thing looked great too.  We went to the doctor again, finally, on January 6th and he confirmed that everything sounds good.  While we were there we scheduled our next visit which will include our anatomy scan seeing as how we weren't able to get one done at 20 weeks.  Hopefully we will be able to know for sure if it's a boy or girl.  I really will not be surprised to be told boy because of how different this pregnancy has been and because the sonography school was pretty convinced that it's a boy.

I've been putting off publishing this post, yes, again, until we had our anatomy scan.  Well after being rescheduled almost two weeks ago because the technician was sick I finally had it done today.  I had to go by myself because Spencer had to stay home with a sick Lila. :( The first thing she looked at was gender.  She told me "oh, your having another girl!"  I looked at her funny and responded "really, are you sure?"  So our little boy is now our little girl.  I was very surprised by this information.  I was really convinced it was a boy.  The rest of the scan went great!  The baby is measuring right where she should be and all the organs and bones look just as they should.  I waited til I got home to tell Spencer about the sonogram.  At first he didn't believe me haha, but we are both very excited.  All that matters to us is a healthy baby.  I'm excited for Lila.  I hope having a little sister will be fun for her.  I'm happy that the girls will be close in age to share toys, dolls, clothes, make up, school years, etc.  I love my sisters, they are my very best friends, but I was always a little sad that we never really got to share those things growing up.  I never went to school with Grace and only went to school with Maia for 2 years in elementary school.
face on

profile

It's a girl!
26 weeks

This sonogram made everything very real and got me super excited to add to our family.  Only 2 weeks left of the second trimester!  I have this sneaking suspicion nesting is just around the corner.  I've already started thinking about frozen meals and getting a few baby items that I'm hoping will make the transition from 1 to 2 babies a little bit easier.  More to come on the progress of the pregnancy and of course how our family is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment