The Scotts are chuggin right along in their crazy busy lives. We have a very wonderful life don't get me wrong it's just a little, okay, a lot, chaotic. Spencer is halfway through a semester of O-chem1 and Physics2. I'm staying positive and just keep telling myself we are half way there. Then he only has one more class of per-requisites he has to have to apply to medical school. He will take O-chem2 in the summer and be done for now. He has also started volunteering at Methodist Hospital and getting together all of his letter of recommendations for his applications. While doing all this he is studying for the MCAT which he will take this summer and working more than full time. Yikes!!! Needless to say Lila and I don't see him a whole lot. We are VERY excited though because he got hired as a Paramedic with University Health System. This is a huge accomplishment. There were only 2 openings and most everyone that works there has 15+ years experience on an ambulance. My sweet Spencer is not quite at 2 years yet. We were a little shocked that they offered it to him, but I am so proud. He has worked so hard and deserves it more than anyone, I'm sure of it. This job will make our lives a little easier. He will always have Sundays off and will be home every night!!! They offer amazing benefits and it will look incredible on him Med School apps. Way to go hunny, I really am SO proud of you.
At first I was a little shocked/overwhelmed with the prospect of him switching jobs but knew he could not turn it down. This meant that we would have to change all of our childcare plans...again. Luckily, I have an amazing family that lives close by and is more than willing to watch her. So, when I don't have her either my mom, sister, or cousin do, which gives me such peace of mind. Our other problem was working for this big company meant a bureaucratic paperwork nightmare to get through before he could actually start working. I think from interview to start date was 2 months!!!! So we decided it would be best for him to wait to give notice at his current job which means he is currently working 7 days a week. Ouch! But we will have nice income this month. :) Now we can finally get the cats De-clawed. Sometimes seeing the light at the end of the tunnel is difficult, but I know it has to be there. He keeps saying that all of his friends that are already doctors or are in school/residency say he is going through the hardest part. They tell him they had to work so hard to get into school plus they didn't have his medical background their first year. I hope what they say is true. Oh well, I think that if we didn't have a lot going on we would be bored. I think we've gotten so used to our crazy schedules that anything else would feel weird.
On another note we are having the time of our lives raising our little Lila Jeanne. She is so beautiful and is getting so big. She just turned 9 months yesterday and I cannot believe it has been that long already. She is such a good girl. She just goes with the flow. One of her favorite things is going shopping and sitting in the cart where she can people watch. Everywhere we go people just admire her. We get so many compliments and everyone waves and talks to her. The funny thing is she is just so stoned face to everyone else. Hahaha She is a VERY happy baby and really only cries when she is tired or gets a boo boo. She was moving so fast with her motor skills, but has since slowed down. She doesn't show a huge interest in walking, but would rather crawl, I think because it's faster (doesn't look like she's going to beat my family record of 9 months like I thought she would). We try to hold her hands and walk with her, but she just goes limp and wants to crawl. She has gotten VERY fast at crawling though. Sometimes I have to race to get to where she is going before she does if she's headed to a place that is off limits i.e. the bathroom which she seems to be infatuated with. One of her favorite games to play is chase. She will crawl away from you then stop and sit and look back at you with a big smile then start going again and repeat until you chase her. So we spend a lot of time going around the house saying "I'm gonna get you" and growling. When you "catch" her she just giggles and giggles. She also got her first two teeth (bottom two) at the end of January. I can see the top ones trying very hard to make it through. I bet this weekend we will see at least one. She has been a marvelous teether though. Really we haven't had any problems with that. She's a tough cookie. :)
I guess that is all from our little family. I love my new schedule so much! The extra 2-2 1/2 days a week with her have been a HUGE blessing. Thank you to my Spencer for making that a reality. She's very clingy to mommy now and I LOVE it that way!!!! Even when daddy has her she wants me (sorry dad). :) I also feel like I have so much more time to do things like blog writing and housekeeping stuff, which I love. Maia took some pictures of our 9 month old beauty on Wednesday (Thanks Maia for being so talented and willing to do this for us) plus some other pics I thought were cute. Enjoy!!!
 |
| We like to climb into Oskar's (G ma's miniature Schnauzer) toy basket |
 |
| Fishy faces with our cousins |
 |
| At the beach for daddy's bday |
 |
| Beach day with mommy |
 |
| Playing in our very own bedroom with our new toy box |
 |
| Eating lunch with Mom, G ma and Aunt Greva |
 |
| Nap time with daddy. This is how I found them when I got home from work. |
 |
| We LOVE the swing |
 |
| We are very interest in music too. Do we have another Spencer on our hands? |
 |
| Playing with our cousin Janie at her house. We are learning how to share :) |
 |
| We decided after several months of mom trying that we like our pacifier. |
 |
| So we went and got it all on our own. LOL |
Love my little niece so much!!!!
ReplyDelete