 |
| The Brunner's beautiful wedding!!! |
Our little family got to take an amazing trip to California at the end of July. It was much too short, but we had a blast. The whole reason we went to California was for my best friends wedding. So, back in February I got a call from Denene that she was getting engaged!!! She hadn't set a wedding date yet because she wanted to coordinate the dates with a few people to make sure they would make it. I am honored to be one of those people! :) I feel so loved to be put in that category and have to say that I have 3 of the best friends a girl could EVER ask for.
 |
| Lila 5 weeks old on our layover |
Wednesday 7/25/12 Spencer, Lila, and I hopped on a plane to California. I had been so worried to take Lila (only 5 weeks old) on a plane. I thought for sure she would scream the whole way. I had it all worked out to feed her at take off to help prevent her ears from plugging up. I also had daddy there to beat up any rude people in case she did start crying. Luckily, we did not need Spencer to beat any one up because she was a perfect doll the whole flight. She ate at take off and slept the whole plane ride. By the time we got to CA my arm and back were killing me from staying in the same position the whole time, too afraid to move and wake her up. We also had an easy trip because Madison (my other awesome best friend) is having a little girl in November and already has most of her baby stuff. She was kind enough to let us use all her brand new stuff so we didn't have to lug it with us. Lila was just along for the ride in her little carrier that I wore her in. Everyone in the airport and on the plane were just in love with her. Everyone wanted to know her name and how old she was. They all told us how beautiful and perfect she is (thank you, we know!) One of the flight attendants tried to get us little wings for her first flight but couldn't find any so dad got her some on his way home.
 |
| Dad and Lila at the Houston Airport |
 |
| Mom and Lila at John Wayne Airport |
The first couple of days in CA were set aside for a truly beautiful wedding. The first day Spencer took Lila so I could have some time with the girls and set up for the wedding. After we ate In-In-Out (one of my requirements while in CA) the two of them went to South OC to visit Spencer's family and friends. Spencer was able to take her to the beach for the first time. He said she slept in her carrier in the shade and enjoyed the sound of the waves. I loved the girl time, but really started to miss
my girl after a few hours.
 |
| Lila at the beach with dad |
 |
| Our little family at the wedding |
The wedding day went off without a hitch. Denene looked so beautiful all dressed up.We first met at the Temple and took pictures. That evening was the ring ceremony and reception. It is so wonderful to see such a good friend with someone so kind. You
can tell they are really happy and are a great fit for one another.
Congrats Denene and Trevor!!!! Your wedding was gorgeous!
 |
| Madison and I outside the Temple for pictures |
In between the two events we met up with Granny, Pappa, Auntie Amy, and Cousin Gavin at the mall. We had a fun little visit and shopping trip.
After the wedding the rest of our trip was spent visiting with family and friends and going to the beach. It was so nice to see people that we hadn't seen in two plus years. We got to show off our perfect little girl and had a blast doing it. Lila was such a good baby the whole trip. She hardly cried and just went along for the ride.
 |
| Family and Friends meeting Lila Jeanne |
Spencer got to stay in CA for a few more days, but Lila and I had to say bye on Sunday evening so mom could make it back to work Monday. Lila was just as good going home as she was coming. There was also a lot of very nice people in the airport and airplane that helped us with all our things. I was sad to come home and leave so many wonderful people behind. Oh yeah and leaving the weather behind was hard too. haha. I told Spencer lets stay until September and then go home. We love all you CA peeps and miss you tons!
No comments:
Post a Comment