![]() |
| 36 weeks maternity photos |
The following Friday Spencer left to go up to Fort Worth (about 4 1/2 hours North of San Antonio) to do his skills testing to get his National Registry to become a paramedic. Although I was sad he was leaving for the whole week I knew I would have plenty to do while he was gone. The same day he left I got to go pick up my best friend, Madison Brown, from the airport in Austin. I was sooooooo excited to see her I could hardly stand it. It had been over 2 years since we had actually seen each other. She came out specifically for the baby shower and I am SO happy she did because I had a blast with her. I love having such close friends that we can go such a long time without seeing each other, but yet it is like we never were apart. On Sunday we picked up Mother in love, Jeanne, from the airport who also came out for the shower. We got to spend the day with family and have dinner and dessert with the whole bunch of us. The next day was the BIG day!!!
The baby shower was perfect!!!! My sisters, mom and dad did such an amazing job putting it all together. The decorations, food, and company was wonderful. I was very worried about not a lot of people being able to come seeing how it was on Memorial Day, but the turn out was just perfect. My Grandma also got to be there which was extra special. I love her so much, she is such a remarkable woman. Hopefully little Lila will come before she goes home in a couple of weeks. Thank you to every one that came to celebrate with us. Lila got lots of great gifts and I am so relieved to have stuff for her now. We were waiting to buy anything until the shower so we didn't double up on stuff. I now feel like I can have this baby because I will have something to bring her home in :). After the shower Jeanne, Madison, and I went shopping. We went to Babies R Us first where mommy in love bought Lila her travel system (stroller/carseat). Thank you Jeanne we love you sooooo so much!!! We then went to Target to get all the toiletries and necesseties that we didn't get at the shower. It is always so nice having others opinions when buying that stuff, especially from some one that has done it 6 times already. Afterwords we had a nice dinner, it was the perfect end to a perfect day. I'm so happy both of them came out. I had such a nice time visiting.
![]() |
| 37 weeks baby shower |
Well the biggest news of all came on Wednesday, after everyone had left, at my doctors appointment. I am going every week now and the week before he had checked and there was no progress. So surprisingly on Wednesday they wanted to do another check. He did and the first thing he said was "oh, there is her head, so you are about 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced." It took a little while for the shock to set in. I thought there is no way I'm at that point I'm only 37 weeks with my first baby. So, he told me she could come any day now or it could still be a few weeks. That put me in overdrive to get the tags off all the new baby stuff, washed and put away. I also HAVE to pack the hospital bags, which is my goal tonight. Spencer is still in Fort Worth so this news came as a bit of a shock to him. I told him don't stress over it I don't think anything will happen in the next couple days, but keep your phone on you just in case. Soooooo exciting!!!! I cannot believe it is almost time!
So now we just wait. No more big plans coming up, except the baby of course. Spencer will be back Friday and we will take family pictures this Saturday with Grandma and we get to go see the new Boring Farmhouse also (update...I decided not to go after all seeing how it is 90 minutes from the hospital. Dr. and Daddy did not think it would be wise to be so far from the hospital with the latest news). Other than that as long as Lila doesn't come I will just have another doctor's appointment on Wednesday and I will finish putting all of her stuff together. Well another update. The week has come and gone and unless I go into labor tonight I will be seeing the doctor tomorrow morning. I hope she comes soon the anticipation is killing me.


No comments:
Post a Comment